Minor use chemicals

If a pesticide that is not registered for a particular crop and use, the relevant minor use permit must be obtained before using a product for crop protection.

Registered chemical products and permits can be found on the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) website. Click here

AUSVEG Minor Use Awareness Program

AUSVEG is the national peak industry body representing the interests of Australian vegetable and potato growers.

What is minor use?

Minor use is the permit system in Australia which allows for approved off-label use of agrichemicals for specific purposes. It is designed to assist minor crops gain greater access to agrichemicals when needed, and for approved minor use of agrichemicals on major crops.

The Minor Use Awareness Program

The Minor Use Awareness Program is managed by the AUSVEG Minor Use and Agronomy Coordinator, who engages with growers across Australia to better represent vegetable pest issues.

The aim of the Program is to ensure the minor use system adequately reflects the unique and changing crop protection needs of Australia’s vegetable growers.

Contact information:

You can contact the Minor Use Coordinator using the following details:
Tel: (03) 9882 0277 or Email: minoruse@ausveg.com.au