- 2023 Science and Innovation Awards grants now open
- Individual grants of up to $22,000 across multiple categories
- Total of $264,000 in grants for young people in agriculture, fisheries and forestry
Applications are now open for the 2023 Science and Innovation Awards, to fund innovative projects in Australia’s agriculture, fisheries and forestry sectors, and support the next generation of researchers.
Grants of $22,000 are on offer in each of the 12 award categories.
Applications are open to young Australians aged 18-35 years, working or studying in a related industry, to undertake a project on an innovative or emerging scientific issue that will contribute to the ongoing success and sustainability of Australia's agricultural, fisheries and forestry industries.
Since they were launched in 2001, the Science and Innovation Awards have helped 284 young researchers, innovators and scientists turn their ideas into reality with over $4.7 million in grant funding.
For more information and to apply visit www.agriculture.gov.au/scienceawards.
Applications close at 5pm AEST Friday 23 September 2022.
- Adoption ready innovation and technology, proudly sponsored by AgriFutures Australia
- Eggs and poultry (layers) proudly sponsored by Australian Eggs
- Red meat processing proudly sponsored by Australian Meat Processor Corporation
- Pork proudly sponsored by Australian Pork Limited
- Wool proudly sponsored by Australian Wool Innovation
- Cotton proudly sponsored by Cotton Research and Development Corporation
- Biosecurity and digital innovation proudly sponsored by CSIRO Biosecurity digital innovation
- Fisheries and aquaculture proudly sponsored by Fisheries Research and Development Corporation
- Forest and wood products proudly sponsored by Forest & Wood Products Australia
- Grains proudly sponsored by Grains Research and Development Corporation
- Horticulture proudly sponsored by Hort Innovation
- Viticulture and oenology proudly sponsored by Wine Australia