12 October 2022
With intense rainfall and potential flooding forecast over coming days, it is important to ensure you have the information you need to make decisions in an emergency.
TFGA want to remind our members to be prepared well in advance and to keep up to date as the situation unfolds. Flood Warnings will be communicated through TasALERT.com, TasALERT and SES social media channels and ABC radio.
• ABC radio - listen for updates
• www.bom.gov.au/tas - for BOM weather warnings
• TasALERT.com Tas ALERT- for SES Flood Warnings
• www.ses.tas.gov.au - for SES advice
• www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts/ - for road closures
SES have also provided us an FAQ for the Australian Warning System for flood emergencies, which addresses the key messages and is a very handy reference ahead of the event that we’re dealing with.
Take care and stay safe.