03 February 2023
Tasmanian Women in Agriculture have two exciting opportunities available to join their executive committee.
One role as a general executive member, supporting the executive, and running the many and varied activities and opportunities TWiA makes possible.
The second role is for a Communications Officer Role
The TWI are looking for a new executive committee member with interest or experience in a communications role to join our team. The Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write publicity material and assist with promotional events.
The person we are seeking is a creative thinker with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
READ MORE: New Management Plan Empowers Tasmanian Farmers to Tackle Fallow Deer Issues
• Communicate with the Chair and Executive Committee members to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our member audience.
• Write, edit and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, and other marketing material that communicates the organizations activities and services.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with media outlets.
• Proficiency in design and publishing software
READ MORE: Government announces additional funding to improve waterways
• Experience in a similar role is advantageous but not essential
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Interest in agriculture
Meetings and Commitment
• Zoom meeting once a month
• 5 -10 hours a month
• Volunteer role
Find out more about TWiA by heading to their website - https://www.taswomeninag.org/
If you would like to talk to them directly about the roles please reach out to us via - email@example.com
As the largest advocacy group in Tasmania and the only one that focuses exclusively on farming and the rural sector, the future of Tasmanian agriculture is our focus.
Join the TFGA today for a greater future.
Contact our Membership Manager, Kellie Morris