Biosecurity Tasmania has advised that as
of the 1 October, changes will be made to Control Area restrictions
enabling growers to move and sell fruit within the Control
What do the changes mean for growers and industry?
- As of the 1st of October, changes will be made to Control Area restrictions enabling growers to move and sell untreated fruit within the 15km Control Areas.
- Existing control measures will stay in place for those properties within the 1.5km Infected Areas where fruit fly was found last summer.
- Movement of host produce from inside to outside the Control Areas is still not allowed, unless produce is appropriately dealt with under required protocols e.g. fumigation.
- Treated fruit coming into the Control Area can’t then leave the Control Area
- The target date for reinstatement of the Pest Free Area status, based on the National Fruit Fly Management Protocols, is 9 January 2019.
To read the full letter, click here.