13 October 2022
A Flood Emergency Warning - Prepare to Evacuate has been issued for Railton and surrounds by Tasmania SES.
Flooding is occurring on Redwater Creek, Railton.Locations likely to be impacted are: Railton and surrounds
Evacuation centres are located at:
• Railton Green Shed - 22 Crockers Street, Railton and
• Latrobe Memorial Hall, 170 Gilbert Street, Latrobe
Flooding is occurring now.
• Flood waters are expected to enter some properties causing significant and widespread flooding.
• Flood waters are a threat to safety.
• Driving conditions may be dangerous and roads are likely to be impacted.
Flood waters are a risk to safety, never walk, play, ride, or drive in floodwater.
What to do:
If you live in the alert area and/or near the Redwater Creek, Railton, SES advises:
• If you have a flood plan, use it now.
• Consider leaving now for a safer place if it is safe to do so. This may include going to the home of family or friends.
• Follow the advice of emergency services.
• If you do choose to leave now, let your family or friends know when you are leaving and when you expect to arrive. Take pets with you.
• If you choose not to leave now, be ready to evacuate if this is advised by emergency services.
• Have your emergency kit available with medications, prescriptions, torches, batteries, valuables, and important papers.
• Let your family or friends know when you are leaving and when you expect to arrive. Take pets with you.
• For flood updates, visit TasALERT.com or listen to ABC Local Radio.
• For life-threatening emergencies, dial triple zero (000)
• For emergency flood and storm assistance call the SES on 132 500.
• For current river levels and weather conditions, visit www.bom.gov.au/tas/
• For current reported road closures, visit www.police.tas.gov.au
• For more information on preparing for flood, visit www.ses.tas.gov.au