13 October 2022
A Flood Watch and Act - Prepare Now has been issued for Blessington to White Hills & surrounds by Tasmania SES.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a moderate flood warning for the North Esk river.
Locations likely to be impacted are: Blessington, White Hills.
From Thursday morning:
• Flooding is likely in streams and rivers.
• Lives could be at risk from flood waters.
• Some properties may become isolated or inundated by flood waters.
• Evacuation of some properties may be required.
• Property, livestock, equipment, and crops may be threatened by flood waters.
• Driving conditions may be dangerous.
Flood waters are a risk to safety, never walk, play, ride, or drive in floodwater.
What to do:
If you live in the alert area and/or near the North Eskriver, SES advises:
• If you have a flood emergency plan, use it now.
• Prepare your property (if safe to do so).
This may include:
• Placing furniture and possessions up high on tables/benches
Move livestock and equipment to higher ground
o Preparing your emergency kit and being ready to leave
• If conditions worsen and safe to do so, leave and go to the home of a family member or friend who is in a safe location away from the flood affected area.
• Contact family, friends, and neighbours to alert them of the potential for flooding.
• For flood updates, visit TasALERT.com or listen to ABC local radio.
• For life-threatening emergencies, dial triple zero (000)
• For emergency flood and storm assistance call the SES on 132 500.
• For current river levels and weather conditions, visit www.bom.gov.au/tas/
• For current reported road closures, visit www.police.tas.gov.au
• For more information on preparing for flood, visit www.ses.tas.gov.au