23 March 2023
Tasmanian Women and families, at work and at play
TWiA wants to build a collection of photographs of real Tassie Women which tell the story of Tasmanian Women in Agriculture. We want photos from you which depict daily Tasmanian rural life and tells stories of Women in the agriculture sector.
We are hoping you will be willing to help TWiA collect a library of photos which tell your stories. We want to see Tasmanian Agriculturists living their life. Show us what our members do best.
There will be 3 Cash prizes awarded.
First Prize: 250.00
Second Prize: 150.00
Third Prize: 100.00
Your entries need to High-resolution images which means they have at least 300 pixels per inch (or 300 dpi), which makes them good for printing. ( Please don’t wear sunglasses if taking selfies as they create a reflection of you taking your photo and ruin the photo ). For a really comprehensive explanation of phone camera resolution go to: https://publimetry.com/are-your-smartphone-high-resolution-images-enough-for-printing-probably-how-to-find-out/
Email your entries before 30 March 2023 to: email@example.com
Some tips on how to take good photos with a phone:
1. Take multiple shots.
2. Make sure your lens is clean.
3. Learn what your camera can do – there are lots of online camera blogs.
4. Stick to outdoors and use natural light where possible and shoot away from the sun.
5. Avoid digital zoom, it results in lower resolution and may make your photo ineligible.
6. Use high dynamic range (HDR) if your Smartphone has this option.
7. Use editing tools, like photoshop.
8. Apply the rule of thirds and think about the framing of your shot.
9. If the shot is dark, rest the phone on a flat surface.
10. Complete the Consent Form which is available at the link below.
There are lots of tips on how to take great photos with your phone on the Internet. Here are some websites which may help and there are many more:
Don’t forget this competition is now an annual event so keep sending your photos throughout the year to firstname.lastname@example.org. You might be a prize winner!!
As the largest advocacy group in Tasmania and the only one that focuses exclusively on farming and the rural sector, the future of Tasmanian agriculture is our focus.
Join the TFGA today for a greater future.
Contact our Membership Manager